Tuesday 15 December 2015

Are M&S planning to take over the Gluten Free market?


Are M&S planning to take over the Gluten Free Market? Probably not, but it is amazing that they are making a conscious effort with so many of their products, ensuring they are clearly labelled as Gluten Free, and introducing products that people like me really appreciate. There is now a wide range of products available in all sized M&S stores, from cocktail sausages to chicken nuggets and from scotch eggs to sandwiches.


You can walk into an M&S store and pick yourself up a range of sandwiches, with great fillings. Cheese Ploughman, BLT, Ham Salad rolls and of course, my favourite the Christmas Sandwich which has been missed off the product list for some years. We now get to enjoy a festive sandwich along with all the other lunchers. 


While the price point of these products are still a little higher than the average person can afford on a daily basis, it is so nice to be able to go into a store and not have to check the
back of every packet. Even ‘normal’ products such as the tortilla chips now have clear labelling so you can see they are gluten free. Some people aren’t a fan of allergy branding and making people aware products are gluten free, but for me, personally it really helps and I think it should be rolled out across the grocery sector.




Who knew scotch eggs would ever be something available to buy in packets, the same with pork pies and sausage rolls. These typically British foods that I had been brought up on are now available so I can eat them (and I don’t have to badger my mum to make me a batch!) and I am chuffed to bits.




 This isn’t to say I eat them every day, but when you can’t have something, it’s all the more exciting when you can have it. Picnics have resumed normality!

Thank you M&S for your range, your dry products such as bread, pasta and cakes are also growing, from a single shelf to now a filled rack in most stores. 


No comments:

Post a Comment