Thursday 31 December 2015

Silly Yak Gluten Free Pastry


For years I have tried to make pastry. I have tried various mixes and even tried making my own, to no avail! 

That was until I discovered Silly Yak Ready to Roll Pastry. I had been desperately trying to find it in my nearest Tesco store for about 6 months, and low and behold just before Christmas I found some! 

It is a Christmas Eve tradition in my family home to have home made sausage rolls and mince pies before and after visiting the pub for a few drinks. I have always had to miss out on the warm sausage roll front and my mince pies have had to be brought from the supermarket - not any more. 



I cannot describe to you what a phenomenon this pastry is. Even my mum loved making sausage rolls with it!  

You can use it for both sweet and savoury and it is flaky and delicious when cooked. I can't wait to try some other recipes with it, I think they would make a great goats cheese and caramelised onion tart for a starter, Chicken and Leak pie for main or an amazing cinnamon pastry roll for desert (watch this space)!

Silly Yak - thank you. I highly recommend!! 

Find the list of Tesco stores that stock Silly Yak here

2 comments: